Sunday, February 10, 2013

Stop #44: Novak's

Tim's Review: There are few things in life that I love more than a big fat sloppy sandwich (especially one with egg on it), but one thing that really drives me nuts is when you can't eat a sandwich like it's a sandwich. I just want to pick this thing up with two hands and chow down, but I can't. All the shit just falls off leaving your sandwich in pieces. Alright, not the end of the world, I'll just have to fork and knife this thing into little sandwich bites. Kind of annoying, but I've done it before. Then what REALLY sucks is when you have to cut up your sandwich with plastic!! Ahhh!!!! Come on! First of all, I'm no hippy or anything, but what a waste. Plus, not only is it plastic, but it's really crappy, flimsy plastic that is barely strong enough to cut this sandwich up.

Enough of me bitching about the plastic, how was the “swinger” sandwich? Ehhhh. It was just ok. It was really your standard sausage, egg, and cheese breakfast with a spoonful of chili on top. That's a spoonful at most. I could barely taste any chili when I was eating this thing. The sausage patties were the crappy little hockey pucks that I could have done without. A skinny little burger patty or bacon (or both!) would have made the swinger 100 times better.

I guess the lesson I learned is that Novak's serves bar food. Nothing more, nothing less. Yeah I know, it's a bar, I should have seen it coming. It's not something I would make a special trip for, but it could be good for soaking up a long night of beers.


Tony's Review: Congratulations Novak's on being the only place that could have a Slinger Sandwich on their menu but then cross out the word "Slinger" and then add the word "Swinger"...I still don't get it but I'm guessing other people do. That's one sexy sandwich.

Tim's totally on point with this one, nothing wrong with a slinger sandwich but use some bread that isn't gonna coat your hands with grease and force two grown men to use shitty plastic sporks to eat their tray of shit. There wasn't anything that really stood out for me on this one, barely any chili on it, the bread tasted ok but two thick slices was overkill, high five on the crinkle cut fries which is always a good move. This one just fell pretty flat and would be one to skip when all you loyal readers do your own slinger tour.

Keep up the good work guys. 

No comments:

Post a Comment