Thursday, March 29, 2012

Stop #2: The Buttery

Just got back from the buttery and I smell like heaven. I've been home for less than 20 minutes and Tony informs me that he's already taken a shower. I think I'm just going sit for a moment and enjoy life. Mmmmmmm life smells good.

If you've never been to the Buttery, it's definitely worth your while to have a visit at least once. I'm not sure if it's a good thing or a bad thing, but you won't find that smell anywhere else. The friendly cook tells me they have the best coffee around. Farmer Brother's (? I think)......it was alright. But I'm not here to talk about coffee. This is a slinger blog.

After sliding a delicious looking plate of food in front us, the cook comments: “I don't know how you guys can eat that stuff”. Not what I'd like to hear from someone who just made my dinner, but then she confesses, “ohh, I've never eaten one”. Ppsshhh what the hell does she know!!! (she's from Florida)

Anyways, in all seriousness, the Buttery is not the cleanest diner around, but the slinger was yummy. The cook supplied us with all the condiments: hot sauce, ketchup and...mustard. I've never seen nor heard of anyone putting mustard on their slinger, but apparently her ex did it all the time. I gave it a try and it actually wasn't terrible. I probably won't do it again though. I think the best part of this slinger is how they cook the hash browns in the little metal ring. It comes out like a patty and they're perfect! The cheese was a slice of american ripped in half and set on top to melt on the chili.

Out of the first 2 slingers, this one is the champ. I give it a 7.5

Tony's Review:
Holy shit this place is a dump. The smell overwhelms you, 100 years of grease line the walls and three old ladies walk out leaving the place empty except for the cook.

Aside from these sensory setbacks the slinger was pretty good. The chili was probably canned but whatever it was it got better with each bite. Hashbrowns were almost cooked in a patty shape so they were nice and thick, the burger patty was frozen but did the job. One negative and it could just be a personal thing but the slinger was sectioned off: burger on the left, hash browns in the middle and eggs to the right with the chili on top. I prefer what the experts call a "garbage pile" where all of the garbage is stacked on top of each other for maximum flavors.

Overall I would give this slinger a 7, even though the minute I got home I took a shower and burned my clothes. If you do go to the Buttery don't where anything you like because that shit will stink forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment